What Skills would You Like to Learn?


Other Skills I Want to Learn After 17 Years in IT


After 17 years of dedicated service in the IT field as an IT Support and Business Analyst, I've come to realize that life is a constant journey of growth and learning. While my career in technology has been fulfilling and rewarding, I find myself yearning to explore new horizons and acquire skills outside the realm of information technology. In this blog post, I'll share five skills I aspire to learn, ranging from creative pursuits to adrenaline-pumping adventures.

Software Developer:

It was always my dream to become a Software Developer as it is a natural progression for someone with a background in IT. It involves designing, building, and maintaining Software/Websites and web applications. Early on during my University days (and even after I graduated), I did work on simple Projects but it all went away when I started working as a Professional. From being a Webmaster to IT Support Engineer, IT Officer, Technical Analyst and as Business Analyst (for 8 good years). Leaders in this field include individuals like Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, and contemporary figures like Jeffrey Zeldman and Lea Verou. Learning from their work and experiences would be invaluable and I am still hoping to practice (hopefully) in this field.

Web Designer:

Web Designers focus on the visual aesthetics and user experience of websites. I always enjoyed editing photos and videos and even designing some pages. But with advance technology right now, I can say I am already left out for good. Notable names in the industry include Jakob Nielsen, known for his work in usability, and influential designers like Ethan Marcotte and Karen McGrane. A blend of creativity and technical knowledge is essential for excelling in this field.

Car or Motorbike Racer:

Of course, I always enjoy driving fast even in my not so fast car and motorbike. I always have that urge and gets irritated so easily if stuck on a traffic or someone in front of me driving so slow. Shifting gears from the digital world to the racetrack, car and motorbike racing offers a thrilling and competitive environment. Legendary drivers like Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna, and Lewis Hamilton have set the standard for excellence in Formula 1 racing. Learning from their techniques and approaches would be a dream come true for any aspiring racer.

Sky Diver:

With my fear of height right now, this is one of those risky things that I still want to experience. Skydiving is the ultimate adrenaline rush, and it's a skill that requires courage and precision. Learning from world-renowned skydivers like Felix Baumgartner, who famously jumped from the edge of space, and Red Bull-sponsored athletes like Luke Aikins, would be an exciting journey into the world of extreme sports.

Pilot:

Taking to the skies as a pilot is a dream shared by many. It is a portal for any to be able to travel around the world for free. Of course the expense in getting the license and experience is way too expensive I might say. Aviation legends like Amelia Earhart and Chuck Yeager have inspired generations of pilots. Learning to fly and mastering the art of aviation would be an awe-inspiring accomplishment.

While I've dedicated the majority of my career to the IT field, I'm excited about the prospect of branching out and acquiring new skills. Whether it's the technical expertise of web development and design or the heart-pounding excitement of car racing, skydiving, or flying, these pursuits represent an opportunity for personal growth and exploration. Learning from the best in each field will undoubtedly be a valuable part of this journey. As I embark on this path of self-discovery and skill acquisition, I hope to share my experiences and inspire others to follow their own passions and dreams, no matter where they may lead. After all, life is too short not to explore new horizons.


Have a great weekend everyone. Don't forget to comment below or Contact Me!

Comments